West End Garage work in conjunction with ŠKODA UK, a trading division of Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited (“we”/”us”) are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example, the AA who provide roadside assistance on our behalf.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
This version of our Privacy Statement is effective form 24/05/2018
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you and your vehicle when you engage with our website, applications or authorised Retailer network including www.skoda.com. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
We collect information about you or your vehicle when you use ŠKODA’s websites and West End Garage website applications and our customer service centres. We also obtain information about you or your vehicle from authorised repairers. Some of this information does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you).
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title);
- Phone number;
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information);
- The date and time you used our services;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- Your IP address;
- Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this);
- The internet browser and devices you are using;
- The website address from which you accessed our website;
- Details of any transactions between you and us or any Retailer;
- Where you engage with us in a business context, , we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details (some of which we may obtain from an online or public business directories);
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our dealership.
Any information within correspondence you send to us.
How do we use this information?
West End Garage will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who might. There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you (don’t worry, we won’t bombard you);
- Use automatic number plate recognition when you visit our Retailer network to alert them to your arrival at their premises.
- To share your personal information with our recommended third party partners, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their products and services (we will, of course, give you details about these third parties before you give your permission for us to send information to them). You can withdraw your consent in relation to any marketing messages you receive at any time by contacting us at West End Garage, 4 Cultins Road Sighthill, Edinburgh EH11 4DG. Telephone 0131 453 2244.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us (or one of our [authorised dealers] or selected partners).
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
- To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles);
To provide vehicle support and services (for example warranty services);
Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers’ and drivers’ needs
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use our website, applications, customer service centre within Skoda’s retailer network are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally);
- To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraphs below;
- For product development purposes (for example to improve vehicle quality, performance and safety);
- In some cases we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us (including the sharing of your personal information within our group of companies (see details about our group companies for a full list). We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications (for example, when your mileage suggests your vehicle is due for a service);
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, requested a test drive, brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
- To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from our Retailer Network or an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes;
To contact you when we opens, closes or moves premises.
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements (for example to register your car with the DVLA).
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely within our retailer network and with third party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us (like roadside assistance, marketing, events and market research etc.) We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: roadside assistance service providers, customer contact centres, mobility and car hire providers, direct marketing communications agencies and consultants, market research and market analytics service providers, our legal and other professional advisors.
We will also share your information within the Skoda Retailer network in situations where we need to pass your information to them in order to manage any request or complaint you have made to us. For example, where you have requested a test drive, we will need to share your personal information with your so that they can contact you to arrange for the test drive to take place.
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated none specific data sets where ever possible.
Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
There are circumstances where we share your information with Skoda (or other companies within our network in order to fulfil orders, transactions, handle complaints or provide you with a service or information that you have requested. For example we will share information with Volkswagen Financial Services UK Limited where you enquire about their services through us or where you make a complaint to us and later make the same or similar complaint to them. Volkswagen Financial Services UK Limited may use your information to provide you with information and carry out their obligations arising from contracts you enter into with them. For more information, please see their privacy statement.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer or the registered driver of a leased or other vehicle purchased from us or an authorised dealer), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including where the vehicle warranty or lease expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own or drive that vehicle.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, test drive, brochure, quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information until you inform us you no longer wish it to be held or unsubscribe VIA post or email. We hold your personal information to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you);
How can I manage the information we hold about you
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see further How do we use this information;
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
In writing to: Marketing, West End Garage, 4 Cultins Road Sighthill, Edinburgh, EH11 4DG By phone: 0131 453 2244
If you have any specific data protection concerns or a complaint, you can address Marketing team at the above address.
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Call: 0303 123 1113. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By entering and using the website located at www.westendskoda.com (the “Site”), you agree to all of the terms and conditions set out in this policy.
- West End Garage is a Partnership Company, our head office is at 4 Cultins Road, Sighthill, EDINBURGH, EH11 4DG.
ŠKODA UK is a trading division of Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited (Company number 514809) whose registered office is at Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN, a company authorised to conduct business in the United Kingdom (“ŠKODA UK” & West End Garage“ we”, “our”, “us”). In this instance we West End Garage are an authorised retailer.
2. Product Specification, Prices and Offers
- The specifications contained on the Site are for information purposes only as we cannot confirm the exact specifications of the vehicle. If you require any specific feature you must consult us at West End Garage as we are regularly updated with any change in specification. Please check model availability and full specification details with us prior to ordering. Neither West End Skoda nor ŠKODA can accept contractual responsibility for your reliance on the information contained herein.
- Some illustrations on the Site do not necessarily reflect UK specifications and may not be available. Consequently controls and some items of equipment are positioned differently for the UK.
All prices shown on the Site are manufacturer’s recommended on-the-road (“OTR”) prices and all prices and offers are for information purposes and guidance only. We use every effort to verify the accuracy of any information on the Site and to ensure our OTR information and offers are correct and up to date. However, from time to time errors may occur and ŠKODA UK shall not be liable for any reliance on such information. Please contact us for further pricing details.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
- The Site is published by West End Skoda and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights in existence at any time throughout the world. All web site design, text, graphics, the typographical arrangement thereof, and all other material on this web site is copyright of ŠKODA UK and West End Garage or their service and technology providers.
- Permission is hereby granted to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of this web site for the sole purpose of using this as an information resource for West End Skoda products. Any other use of materials on the Site, including reproduction for purposes other than the above, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written permission of West End Skoda is prohibited.
- The trade marks, logos and service marks shown on this web site, unless otherwise specified, are the trademarks of ŠKODA UK or West End Skoda. No rights are granted to use any of them in any manner whatsoever.
Any infringement of West End Skoda or ŠKODA UK’s rights will result in appropriate legal action being taken against you.
5. Disclaimer and Liability
- All express warranties, representations, conditions of any kind or other terms implied by Scottish Law for this website or the information, content, materials or products included on this web site are hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- West End Garage shall not be liable in any circumstances for any direct or indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (whether for profit or loss or otherwise) costs, claims, expenses or other claims for compensation what so ever, whether caused by the acts, omissions or the negligence of West End Garage its employees or agents, which arise out of or in connection with the use of this web site or the information, content materials or products included on the site, except in respect of death or personal injury caused by ŠKODA UK or West End Garage it’s employees’ or it’s agents’ proven negligence.
- West End Garage does not accept any responsibility or liability for access to or material on, any website that is linked from or to the site.
6. Misuse Statement
West End Garage reserves the right to prevent your usage of the Site if you misuse the contents contained within the Site in any manner. West End Garage is the final arbiter as to what shall constitute misuse and our decision will be final.
7. Governing Law
The Site is for use by persons located and resident within the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland, the Channel Isles and the Isle of Man. Accordingly, these terms and conditions shall be subject to Scottish Law and the parties to any dispute or action hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
We may make changes to this policy at any time by sending you an email with the modified terms or by positing a copy of them on the Site. Any changes will take effect 7 days after the date of our email or the date on which we post the modified terms on the Site, whichever is the earlier. Your continued use of the Site after that period expires means that you agree to be bound by the modified policy.
9. Contact Us
The Site owned and operated by West End Garage, a Partnership trading as West End Garage, 4 Cultins Road, Sighthill, Edinburgh, EH11 4DG.
Questions, comments or requests concerning this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to us at email@example.com
0131 453 2244 and ask for the marketing department.
Our group companies are:
West End Garage - Sighthill
West End Garage - Halbeath
West End Garage - Stirling
West End Garage are only affiliated to the Skoda Brand as of the effective date of this policy.
To view Skoda UK Privacy Statement separately please follow this link www.skoda.co.uk and follow the link to view Privacy Statement.